Other Types Of Menu (Plat du Jour, Carte du’ Jour, Banquet Menu, Cyclic menu..)
Difference between A La’ cart and table D’ hôte menu:
A La’ cart menu
1) It has wide choice for customer.
2) It carries more portion hence it is more expensive.
3) Dishes are period separate. It helps to know the cost of each dish.
4) Menu card is presented to the guest.
5) Food is cooked to order so it takes time to serve.
Table D’ hôte menu:
1) It has limited or no choice for customer.
2) It Carry less portion hence less expensive.
3) Dishes are not priced separately hence guest does not have knowledge of each Dishes.
4) Menu card is placed already in table.
5) Food is cooked in ball advance it take less time to serve.
Plat du Jour menu (specialty of the house):
It means the specialty of the day. Chefs make a few special dishes which are normally the main course; however other courses, such as fish, sweets, and so on, may also be included depending on the geographical location of the restaurant. Individually price normally from main course and pre-cooked with A La’ cart menu just to create a sense of curiosity to the guest about specialty. Normally price is maintained less than other days. It may remain for a certain time period.
1. It acts as an effective sales tool.
2. It adds up to the image of the restaurant.
3. It reflect the skill of the chef and motivates him and his staff to introduce new recipe.
4. It gives an edge over the competitor since this menu introduce very special dishes that are exclusive to the restaurant.
Carte du’ Jour menu In French, it means the card of the day. it refers to all menu of the day, combining A la carte, table d’ hôte, and plat du jour menu. It is an economic menu and combination of A la’ carte, Table d’ hôte, plate du’ Jour term as carte du Jour menu. Individually price according to types which is printed daily one for lunch and one for dinner. Some time inserted in a A La’ carte menu which comprises few special dishes of a day. To varies the A’ la carte menu for customer. Example:
Chicken A La’ king Monday
Staff veg Tuesday
Grilled chicken Wednesday
Lamb sternum Thursday
Banquet Menu: The banquet menu is fixed menu at a set price offering usually no choice unless the client inform the carter in advance the certain guest required and vegetarian meal and available to all guest at predetermine time.
Buffet Menu: Buffet may be varied consider depending on occasion and the fixed price and there are two types of light menu (simple Finger buffet) while all item prepaid are proportion small size plates so that the customer may consume it without using a cutting so its name is given simple buffet menu. The next is fork buffet (Exotic Fork buffet) where hot and cold Food are available where may be large dishes will be covered and portion of individual guest. Buffet are prepared for such occasion as wedding reception conferences, annual party etc. Buffet can be classified as a form of table D’ hôte menu. As they offered a rusticated menu limited choice only what is own the buffet table. It determine set price and all dishes are available at set time.
Cyclic menu: This is a series of table d’ hôte menu for a set period of time. for example: for 3 weeks repeated again and again for set period. It is offered in hospital, Industry and Institutional catering. Table d’ hôte menu popular form of menu being easier to control operate giving less wastage of Food.
1.Effective cost control.
2. Stocking of unnecessary goods is avoided.
3. Does not need more of storage area for perishable as they can procured daily.