Paper of BHM/BBA/BBA-BI (2016/fall)
Level: Bachelor Semester – Fall/1st Year: 2016
Programme: BHM Full marks: 100
Course: BBA/BBA-BI/BBA-TT/BCIS/BHCM/BHM Pass marks: 45
Candidates are required to give their answers in their own words as far
The figures in the margin indicate full marks.
Very Short Answer Questions
Attempt all the questions.
- Answer these questions: (2*15)
a. Suppose you are Marketing Executive one of the reputed organizations and you are assigned a role to promote a newly launched product of your company. What marketing strategies do you apply? Explain why each strategy is important to make your product successful.
b. Discuss some of the popular modern business departments. How can different department contribute to achieving the goal of company?
c. Apply the four level of reading a text to “The little parrot” or Devkota’s “ The Illiterate”.
2. Answer any five of the following. (5*10)
a. Suppose you are a marketing manager at one o f the reputed organizations and you are assigned a role to promote a newly launched product o f your company. What marketing strategies would you apply? Explain why each strategy is important to make your product successful.
b. Great scott! Gadzookz! and Curbing the One-Eyed Monster present enough arguments against television. Analysis
c. Prepare conversation at check-in using the information given:
- Passport and ticket
- Number of bags
- Type of seat
- Confirm flight details
d. You have a sandwich bar in your town. Business is good. You want to open another sandwich bar, but you don’t know where. How will you choose an appropriate location and why?
e. Think of a new product or technology that can make Nepali people’s lives better. What is it? How does it work? Explain.
f. On the basis of your reading of “The Savage Male” discuss few of the customs of the Yanomamo people.
3. Give short and pertinent answer to any five question: (5*2)
a. “A parrot called a bird, a twice born child…” Explain.
b. Why did the American Mercury call H.L. Mencken a fool?
c. Why was Socrates given a death penalty?
d. Describe the career profile of logistics manager.
e. What was King David’s crime?
f. What basic argument does Jenkins present in “Curbing the One-Eyed Monster”?
4. Correct the mistakes. (4*1)
a. Easyjet is often more cheap than British Airways.
b. Our office is in a more expensive location like our competitor’s.
c. Spanish is easyer to learn than Japanese.
d. Our customer are often more experienced that our technicians.
5. Match the adjectives to definitions a—g. (4*1)
Practical, imaginative, friendly, experienced, energetic, careful, patient, focused
- thinks about things and does not make mistakes__________
- can deal with everyday problems__________
- has new and exciting ideas__________
- very active and lots of energy__________
- can work on one job for a long time__________
- kind and helpful__________
- has lots of skills and knowledge in the job__________
- can wait for a long time__________
6. Complete these sentence with a, an, or some. (4*0.5)
- I’d like__________ glass of water.
- We’d like__________ extra portion of French fries.
- Could I have__________ parmesan cheese, please?
- Could I have__________ side salad with my steak, please?