Paper of Food production & patisserie I 2016/fall
Level: Bachelor Semester – Fall/1st Year: 2016
Programme: BHM Full marks: 100
Course: Food production & patisserie I Pass marks: 45
Candidates are required to give their answers in their own words as far
The figures in the margin indicate full marks.
Very Short Answer Questions
Attempt any ten questions.
- Make a chart of different types of catering establishment.
- Enlist the six name of chef uniform.
- Fuels used in kitchen.
- Sugar and its user.
- Define liaison and explain its uses.
- Explain frying and its types.
- Draw a figure of egg and show the composition.
- Write the four cares in preparations of stock.
- Write four advantages of micro wave cooking.
- Make a chart of classification of soup.
Descriptive Answer Questions
Attempt any six questions
- Why classical cooking played an important role in the development of international cuisine? Discuss.
- Explain the coordination of kitchen with other department in hotel.
- Classify various types of kitchen equipments. List down 5-5 examples of each category.
- What is cooking? Explain the dry heat medias of cooking with their suitable ingredients and example dishes.
- Define sauce. Enlist the types of mother sauces with their compositions and write two derivatives each.
- Define the term knives. Write the different types of knives used in culinary kitchen.
- Read the following case and answer the questions given below:
Krishna pauroti is a renowned bakery of Kathmandu has been supplying various products to domestic and industrial purpose. One day many clients have complained about the sandwich bread. The bread has not fine texture and was difficult to slice and cut the crust. Many establishments have stopped the order of this bread.
Answer the questions:
- What are possible reasons of faults in the bread dough? Explain.
- Write the standard recipe and method of preparation of sandwich bread.
- If you are the chef of the bakery what would you practice to overcome these kinds of problems? Discuss.
18. What are the possible reasons for problem?
Mr. David Warner was arrived at your hotel as a guest and gave order of tomato puree soup. Waiter served the soup but there was no salt and Mr. Warner complained in above case. He found small pieces of glass in chocolate mouse item too.
Answer the following question.
- Being as the kitchen in-charge how do you take action to your staff?
- How do you handle the complaints in a front of the guest?
- How do you control your staff for not repeating the same types of problem in future explain with your own logic?