Paper of Food and Beverage Service I 2014
Level: Bachelor Semester – Fall/1st Year: 2014
Programme: BHM Full marks: 100
Course: Food and Beverage Service I Pass marks: 45
Candidates are required to give their answers in their own words as far
The figures in the margin indicate full marks.
Very Short Answer Questions
Attempt all the questions.
- What do you mean by chain restaurant?
- What do you mean by competencies?
- Write down some bar equipment.
- Define menu and accompaniment.
- What do you mean by need and want?
- Explain single point service. Where do you find such service?
- What is the advantage of Guerdon service?
- Write down some safety provision after operation.
- List out the suitable environment for bacteria growth.
- What do you mean by meal management?
Descriptive Answer Questions
Attempt any six questions
- Draw the organization structure of commercial operation and briefly explain them.
- Draw the organizational chart of key personnel of F&B service development and list out duties and responsibilities of F&B manager.
- Explain the different types of Ancillary section of food and beverage service development.
- What are the different types of meal available in a professional catering establishment?
- Different between product and services.
- Write down the various forms of table service.
- Briefly explain the HACCP seven principles.
- Read the case situation given below and answer the questions that follow.
Leroy had been general manager of family restaurant. The restaurant had recently double the size of banquet. The new banquet room had open about a month. Lorry had purchased many new place settings for the banquet room as the owner would allow-which was not enough in Leroy opinion. The owner would not have more money. Leroy & his assistant manager Eric told each other “it will just have to do”. They consoled them with the fact that table ware would be the same for both facilities, so there would be able to use reserve from one cover short fall in other. So operation had run smoothly. Dining room had been full on evening but with only modest banquet bookings. Pete eats handled the volume adequately. Tonight the first large banquet was scheduled. But dining room was drawing some attention of its own.
Leroy looked across dining room was busy Leroy forecast called for only a average night the lounge was filling up. Mr. Rader were bussing table as quickly as possible. Said Zeke, the senior bus person in dining room but we are getting clean dish.
“What you are running out of the most?” Glasses, “answer Zeke, well I am telling the other busses to look them careful. Ok I’ll go talk to stain in dishwashing. And ask Stan to put glasses fast in dishwashing. I usually sent rank through only three quarter full said Stan. But I’ll sending half full. If we had right land glass rack it will not break Stan said okay I guess some have been coming dirty but busses have bugging me so haven’t time to took closely. Leroy thanked Stan for the hard work. Why is we so short on seeing? He thought. And so early in the morning? Even with a full banquet room, we should be short. Leroy thought about how the chef approached him earlier that week and asked about retaining supplies for tonight because of large banquet. Leroy and Eric had talked about it and decided it wouldn’t be necessary with an average night in the dining room, they should be able to handle large banquet room captain turned up part of the explanation. The full banquet had scheduled with 60 setting in spare due to a little bit of hoarding by banquet serve.
- How Leroy can handled the crises?
- What can be done to prevent this kind of crisis from happening in the future?