Old model paper Food and Beverage Service I 2014
POKHARA UNIVERSITY old model question
Level: Bachelor Semester – Fall Year: 2014
Programme: BHM Full marks: 100
Course: Food and Beverage Service I Pass marks: 45
Candidates are required to give their answers in their own words as far
The figures in the margin indicate full marks.
Attempt any two questions.
- Mr. Shyam Rana, Executive Chief of Hotel Everest has prepared dinner for 500 pax. Yesterday. He could not serve the meal at stipulated time and many guests have left the function without having meal. Host has complained directly to the General Manager.
Answer the question below:
- What are characteristic of dinner function? Explain
- What are the possible reasons of delay for the preparation of meal?
- What are solutions to overcome this kind of problems? Discuss.
2. Why the French Classical cooking played an important in history culinary art? Discuss.
“Moist heat methods of cooking make the food palatable and digestive”. Justify.
Attempt any six questions.
- Classify the kitchen equipment and explain with five example of each.
Draw an organizational chart of modern kitchen brigade, show the staffing and explain job responsibilities of Executive chef.
- Classify the vegetables; explain with three examples of each.
- Define eggs, draw a figure with its parts and illustrate the quality signs.
- Why sauce play an important role in kitchen preparation. Discuss.
- Classify the soups, explain and give any three examples of each.
Attempt any ten questions
- Define roux and explain its uses.
- Define bouquet garni and explain its uses.
- Define mire poix and explain its uses.
- Define duxelle and explain its uses.
- Define pane and explain its uses.
- Explain deep frying method.
- Explain glazes.
- Explain fricassee
- Explain aspic.
- Explain quality of stocks.
- Define beurre manie and its uses.
- Explain mayonnaise and uses.